Saturday, February 23, 2008

Mos Loves Obama



This is not another shameless endorsement of Obama, I just like this picture. And since we are on the topic of Mos Def, I guess I should mention his Gondry flick, Be Kind Rewind out now. I was thinking of seeing it - I mean the Mos Def+ Michele Gondry combo has def worked in the past, but I just don't like Jack Black. What is a person supposed to do in such situations?

Incidentally, Gondry was the director of Eternal Sunshine of The Spotless Mind, which Jay Electronica sampled in one of his songs.

Edit: word is that the new flick, Be kind Rewind, is suspiciously very similar to a sketch little Amanda Bynes did on her show a while ago. I hope this is purely coincidental. Actually, I hope Gondry purposely ripped it, cause it would suck to think that whoever is behind the Bynes sketch is at the same intellectual/creative level as Gondry.

No comments: