Monday, February 18, 2008

Poserr Behavior


(I'm still catching up on the year, so this is a little old...)


I'll be the first one to admit that I would have no problem at all selling my soul to the devil for the good life. Matter of fact, being an unemployed college senior with several dangerous and expensive addictions - nothing serious, not gonna pull some ledger/spears ish, calm down - I would probably settle for much less. Having said that, I am a little appalled that self-proclaimed ascetic I-hate-money-cause-it-makes-me-numb M.I.A. has jumped on the merchandising bandwagon so fast.


Don't get me wrong, I love Marc Jacobs (or as his buddy 'Ye refers to him, MJ). My MJ wallet is definitely my most prized possession, even though all it has in it right now is three dimes and my house key. I have no beef whatsoever, in fact I would be very willing to sell the aforementioned soul to him for matching shoes. BUT - call me naive - I just expected so much more from the 21st century Gandhi. OK, an exaggeration but you know what I mean, right?

No comments: