Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Styles, Crews, Flows, Beats

First off, I got my hands on New Amerykah and if you haven't, please do so immediately. It's crazy trippy and a lot of fun, some have described it kinda like the R&B version of Radiohead's stuff.




Next up, my new favorite person is most definitely ?uestlove. This should come as no surprise, I had an idea that this was a special relationship when my FOB ass first saw an interview of his where he said that he once was so moved by an album (memory fails me, I can't for the life of me remember which one it was) that he quit his job and decided to become a full time musician. I loved his response to 2 girls 1 cup and I love love love that he was so into Gnarls Barkley's new song that he insisted on making a video and dropping it online. Here it is...




And in case you missed it before, here is the other Gnarls Barkley Video - for their first single Run, off Odd Couple. The kids over at 2dopeboyz have more Gnarls stuff you can check out.

Check out the Roots' new video for 75 bars on Okayplayer, in case you can't get enough.

And finally (phew), here are some pics of Talib and Res (aka Idle Worship) and in case you haven't heard it, here is their new joint, Screamin.

No comments: