Sunday, June 29, 2008

Diplo

OK I am going to be the bad guy here and say that I really do not like Diplo's mix of Tribe's Electric Relaxation/Ronnie Foster's Mystic Brew, wait for it, Brew Barrymore. I waited for someone to say something about how bad this is, but there seems to be nothing but cheers for this travesty. And I like Diplo, Baile Funk and all. In fact, I think he ripped the Clash's Straight to Hell to the max, just to name one of my favorites. But this was weak. Annoying even. But it looks like it's what the people want.

On the other hand, his mix with Santogold of The Clash's Guns of Brixton - Guns of Brooklyn - is pretty tight. Listening to it makes me have fantasies about Strummer/Diplo orgies and that's reason enough to have it on repeat for the next couple of days. Go here for more Santi/Diplo colabos.

No comments: