Saturday, June 7, 2008

Hold Up, Back it Up and Drop it Like it's Hot

.. to borrow a phrase my mother has recently taken up.

Please accept my apologies for citing Byron Crawford in my previous post. It has come to my attention that he is a sensationalist, rather ironically since he took issue with Village Voice's Tom Breihan's use of his euphemism ninja (for nigga, niggah, and all its cognates). He is of the Jimi Izrael school of ignorance-that-does-not-deserve-mention-in-any-civilized-conversation. I realize that I am doing that here, but this is only because it never fails to disappoint me when I see black men disrespect and disregard the integrity of others merely as a way of rehabilitating their bruised egos (a result of slavery which is undoubtedly an unfortunate one but should NEVER be used as an excuse.) 

They need to take a lesson from Jay Smooth

I kinda have a crush on him.

No comments: