Friday, June 6, 2008

The Color of Royalty


It has taken me a while to get around to talking about Barack Obama winning the Democratic presidential nomination (and the pound heard around the world) but it's only because I have been so busy reading the reactions to this historic event - to borrow the phrase CNN used ad nauseam on Tuesday. Words cannot begin to describe how happy I am that it actually did happen. Granted we all knew it was inevitable, but when the moment actually came, it was without a doubt the biggest triumph of my lifetime. It seems that everyone, except Hillary, was excited for the news and it is for good reason.

I for one am doubly excited - not only as an American but as a Kenyan as well. I know that this is only the beginning of the race, but we have come so far and winning the nomination is a milestone in and of itself.

I just can't wait to see what heights the Obamas will bring us to. Not only politically, but sartorially as well. I'm even eager enough to tune into The View.

No comments: