Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Coffee Run

I was at Starbucks yesterday for the first time since I left DC so I don't know how long this has been going on, but believe it or not, there was a treadmill in the shop and this woman, decked out in her gym clothes (so you know she had planned on it and didn't just get all hopped up on caffeine and randomly decide to do it on the spot) was running on it. Now this is suburban Atlanta where the average weight is probably 1+ ton and everyone in there was gorging themselves on chocolate scones etc  while this woman was going at it. I wasn't sure if I should be impressed at the woman's dedication to working out - I would be way too self conscious to let my cellulite jiggle for the latte-sipping world to see, you know, if I had cellulite ;) - or embarrassed for her or indifferent like everyone else. It was just so bizarre, I thought I had walked through the looking glass and even grew anxious about what else was possible in this crazy world. Is this what people are doing these days?

No comments: